How To Juice Properly
The health benefits of juicing and how to juice properly are resounding to say the least.
Though many of you may be considering juicing, it can be overwhelming for those that are just beginning the process.
From initial purchase to methods and cleaning, this article will provide you with tips and advice you need to get started in the world of juicing.
- Peel citrus fruits before you put them in your juicer. The thick peels of citrus fruits will make your juice taste unpleasant, provide no real health benefit, and can even be harmful.
The greatest benefit from citrus fruits comes from the white pith just below the peel, so be sure to retain that when juicing.
At the beginning of a juicing program, make juices out of fruits that you already enjoy eating. This will ensure that you enjoy the juice while still receiving some health benefits.
If you start juicing using fruits you’ve never tried before, you may not like the juice and you’re unlikely to continue making them, meaning you won’t gain any benefits.
- If storing your juice, use only air tight containers to avoid the damage from oxidation. Refrigerate your juice and as a little helper, add in just a little bit of lemon juice to help keep your juice as fresh as possible.
Following these steps on how to juice properly should lead you to still have tasty, healthy juice even hours after you did the juicing.
When making home-made juice, it’s by far the best to drink it fresh. If you must store it, use an opaque, airtight container with no air inside.
- To remove air, you can either add filtered water or use a food saver to suck out the excess air.
- Don’t store fresh juice for more than 24 hours, even under these conditions.
- When making large amounts of juice at once, make sure to take breaks to clean out the pulp and let the juicer rest. Not only will the pulp start slipping in after a while, but you’ll also prolong the life of your juicer.
- One break every couple pounds of produce is a safe bet.
If you are going to store juice that you have made yourself, you need to do this correctly.
Choose a container that is airtight, and add a couple of drops of lemon juice to it before putting it into the refrigerator. Label your juice so that you remember what you are drinking, and enjoy!
- Use a variety of fruits and vegetables in your juices.
Not only will this keep the tastes exciting, but you will be able to get a wider range of vitamins and minerals from your juices.
Try one new ingredient a week and if you have an allergic reaction, you’ll know which ingredient caused it.
There are numerous benefits to juicing. Not only do you get the nutrition your body needs, but by juicing your own produce, you are completely in control of the ingredients you decide to ingest.
By following the tips and advice in this article about how to juice properly, you will be on your way to a healthier and more active life with Juicing. Click here for some awesome Juicing Recipes!